The MetaCancer Foundation provides resources and support for metastatic cancer survivors and their caregivers. MetaCancer encourages dialogue among those with very different types of metastatic cancer (breast, prostate, colorectal, ovarian, bladder/urinary, skin, lung, testicular, among others), even though respective treatment protocols and medical issues may seem to have little in common with each other. The common bonds are the psychological and emotional realities faced by anyone living with metastatic cancer. MetaCancer provides resources for everyday living, opportunities for creative reflection, and possibilities for you to "go meta": to live beyond your diagnosis right now with strength, grace, and peace. Read more about Why we are here…
news & events
- Webinar Replay is Available!
For Parents with Metastatic Cancer: Helping Children Cope
“ How will I tell my children?” may be a parent’s first thought upon learning he or she has cancer. While some parents may be tempted to put off a difficult discussion, children can sense that something is wrong, and effective communication between parents and children can decrease the level of anxiety experienced by children. Guest speaker Julie Larson, LCSW, joined us for a special 1-hour webinar for parents with metastatic or advanced cancer who want to help their children cope. The webinar was sponsored by the MetaCancer Foundation and supported by the Huffard Family.
- Your voice matters! At the MetaCancer Foundation we need to hear from you to make sure we're meeting your needs. If you are a metastatic cancer survivor, caregiver or health care provider, please take a moment to complete our questionnaires and share some of your experiences with us.
- CancerCare Online Workshops
Leading cancer experts provide up-to-date information about cancer-related issues. Register online for workshops.
- Cancer and Careers Online Workshops
Leading career experts provide tips for balancing work and cancer. Register online for workshops.
- Pearls & Pumps! puzzle was designed by Springbok for the MetaCancer Foundation in memory of Elizabeth Anne Prostic. In this joyful puzzle we celebrate and honor a beautiful life. The shoes in this puzzle were Lizzie's favorites. Now they can be yours.
100% of the proceeds from sales of this puzzle are donated to the MetaCancer Foundation. Please support MetaCancer!
- Learn more about MetaCancer in our Press Room.
Please take a look at artwork by metastatic cancer survivors from Turning Point: The Center for Hope and Healing.